Thursday, September 11, 2008

28 Weeks Preggo...


First off let me just give props to Minnie Driver and her very pregnant friend. I love that they are so far along and still rockin' bikinis. I still havent retired my two pieces because tankini's are just so damn gross feeling. They stick to you and its just sick. It's a good thing for me (and everyone else) that I only swim in the privacy of my parent's backyard. ;)

Anyways...As of today I am 28 weeks pregnant. Whew!! I seriously amaze myself that I have survived this long. I am now in my third trimester and I am getting bigger by the minute. Just as I think that there is no possible way for my belly to grow anymore without ripping open it does. Its hard as a rock and so uncomfortable. I also wonder if a baby can be TOO active in the womb. I swear I feel this kid allllll day long. And it has gotten to where he keeps me up at night because of all of the kicking and twisting. I guess Avery is just prepping me for all of the sleepless nights ahead of me.

So the other morning I woke up around 5:30am and couldnt sleep so I decided I would finish my latest pregnancy book. Its called "Belly Laughs". It is written by Jenny McCarthy and she tells it all just the way it is. Well, the last chapter is all about her birth experience. It was pretty traumatic to say the least. So far I have been pretty calm about everything when it comes all of the pain I am going to endure in order to get this little guy out. I just keep telling myself that I have no choice and I just have to make the best of it. Worrying about all of it will do nothing to change what is going to happen. Anyways, while I was reading about her basically near death experience I started to break into a cold sweat. Then my face started to get all tingly which is what happens right before I pass out. So I put the book down and had to calm myself down by taking deep breaths. Once I knew I was in the clear I got up and ran to the bathroom because I thought I was going to throw up. I spent the rest of the morning with a cold rag on my face in hopes to make it all go away. I couldnt even look at that book. Its pretty funny when I think about it but I think that all of my anxiety about labor had just built up. And hearing Jenny McCarthy's story just sent me over the edge. Okay so I realize that I am completely dramatic but I have always been this way. I used to pass out when I would just see the nurse pull out a needle. But ever since I have been pregnant I havent passed out even once. =) I totally realize that it is all in my head. Taking my blood will not kill me or hurt me in anyway. Now I just have to convince myself that having a 7-8 pound baby come ripping out of my hoo-haw wont kill me either. Haha!

No comments: