Friday, December 4, 2009

Can't believe its already been ONE year!!

I cannot believe that Avery is already one year old! (Just to remind you, here is what we were doing this time last year.) The past 12 mos have been by far the best 12 mos of my life and I think Michael would say the same. I've never known a love so true and 100% real as the love I have for Avery. When I saw his heart beating at 6 weeks pregnant... I fell in love. When I felt his first kick... I fell deeper in love. When I heard his cry... I fell even deeper in love. When I saw his face for the first time... When I held him for the first time...When I kissed his wittle chubby cheeks....When I cuddle him close and breastfed him for the first time... I have fallen in love all over again with this little boy millions of times in the last year. His smile and giggle can seriously make anyone happy. I feel soo blessed to have him as MY son.

If I thanked God every minute of everyday for the rest of my life, it still wouldnt be enough thanks to God for blessing Michael & I with Avery. I cant wait to see what this next year has in store for Avery. He is so smart and learns so much from day-to-day. I am soo happy that Michael has been such a great provided for our family and made it possible for me to stay home with Avery. I havent missed a thing and for that I am so incredibly grateful. I know that the "toddler years" will probably be a little rougher but with all the books I have read lately, I feel prepared! Bring on the temper tantrums! Well, not really because I'm hoping that Avery will continue to be the happiest little boy around.

One Day Old-2008

One Year Old-2009

2 comments:

Juli Evans said...

Happy Birthday, Avery Man!! We love you so much!

I can't believe he's already a year old. It's sad how fast they grow up, but it only gets better. I always say my favorite age is the age my kids are right now. He will continue to amaze you in how much you can love one little person.

DereknCindy said...

Happy Bday Avery!!! Loved the post and how you described how much you have fallen in love with your little man! Have fun today!!