Thursday, August 7, 2008

Medical Insurance BLOWS!

I am so annoyed! First off, I hate Hope Cottage. Second, why is having a baby soooo expensive? Third, I have had an awful headache for 36 hours plus. =(

*Beware: I am in total BITCH mode this morning*

Anyways, let me explain. So since I am no longer with Hope Cottage I had to get on Cobra benefits. This basically means that I get my same coverage through Aetna except I have to pay almost $600/month to stay on. Well, that completley sucks because we could so use $600 in such a better way each month. When Michael and I get married I can be on his insurance. But while his insurance (80/20) is cheaper monthly ($95 bucks for both of us) his deductible is $1500 and maximum out of pocket is $5000. Grrrr!! On my aetna (70/30) my deductible is $250 with a $3000 max out of pocket. I think we figured it to actually be cheaper with my insurance even with the high ass monthly premiums. BUT, if I deliver at Michael's work (Richardson Regional) then it is alot cheaper. I guess thats why they do it that way. They are a hospital and want you to use their services first before going else where. I can understand that but come on, Medical City is one of the best hospitals in the area and I feel much more comfortable there. I know my doctor and really dont want to have to switch. Michael works at RRMC and knows nothing about the labor and delivery area. He said he hasnt even ever been through that area. I just dont know what to do. Do I save money and deliver somewhere that I am totally uncomfortable with? Or do I stick to Medical City where I know what to expect? Not only have I being going to that OBGYN since I was like 18 or so but my sister's have delivered 4 babies there in the last 3 1/2 years so I know exactly what to expect. I am such a baby and I know that having a baby is going to be a traumatic experience in itself but to put me in a hospital that I know nothing about...that just adds to the stress of it all.

Its just so annoying that we have to deal with this AND buying a house. I think this is why I have been getting such bad headaches. I never really got headaches before my pregnancy and now when I do get one it last for days. Sure, I take tylenol since that is as good as it gets with pregnancy meds but it doesnt help. Last night I took a long shower and I thought it went away. But as soon as I got out of the shower my head started pounding AGAIN.

So this post was only for bitching purposes. I am at my breaking point today so I apologize if you wasted your time reading this. I will post something more positive later...hopefully.

XOXO~ Debbie Downer

No comments: