
Okay so Michael went fishing & hog hunting(Haha...Who does that?!) with some friends this weekend. Anyways he left this morning and will be home tomorrow morning. He said that I could go which I think is hysterical. I am so against hunting of any kind and a pregnant chick with a gun...not a great idea! Saturday night sitting at home when nothing is on TV sucks big time but I have been able to catch up on some rest.
Today, my mom and I drove around to see a couple of other houses just to be sure that there isnt anything better out there. And of course, there is not. So, when Michael gets home tomorrow we will call the realtor and send back a counteroffer to the house in Wylie. *Makes me NERVOUS!*
After driving around all day in the heat and stressing out about house stuff, I am pooped! So the best medicine when I am deathly tired and stressed is none other than a warm (preggers cant quit do the HOT anymore) bubble bath. And you have to go all out to get the best "destressing" experience. So I grabbed a book, dimmed the lights, lit some candles and jumped in. It was FAB! But the best part was the the Orgins bubble bath. Its not the best bubble bath for bubbles which is silly but I just love the scent. Its soo relaxing. Getcha some!
Since Michael is out of town and I would have normally seen that as the perfect opportunity for a girls night, it got me thinking. I miss my friends!! I feel like I have always been able to juggle my friends and my relationship with Michael pretty well. You know how everyone HATES that girl who drops her friends for any random dude she is dating...well thats not me and never has been. Since we were 16 we hung out together alot but also spent alot of time with our friends. But now I feel just completely disconnected from most of my friends. Granted some of my friends do not live in town which makes it hard to schedule time to hang out when they are in town for a day or two. But thats besides the point. My friends here in the DFW area I dont see much at all. I understand that I am pregnant and wouldnt be much fun bar hopping anymore but still. I feel like we used to always make a point to do dinner or drinks ever so often. Now its hard enough to even catch eachother on the phone. =( Well, this entire year I was kinda OVER the whole bar scene. I had done it for the past 4+ years and it just seemed so lame to me. So I guess thats probably when me and the girls stopped hanging out every weekend. I understand people being in different places in there lives (ex: none of my friends have kids & probably wont for a very long time)but how do you fit eachother in your own schedule once that happens.
I will admit that Casi, Brittany, & Sarah keep in touch and still want to grab dinner and stuff. And lately it has been my fault as to why plans fell through which I hate. After we get some of this house stuff out of the way then I will have alot more time and I am going to make a point of spending more time with my friends. Its healthy and so neccessary to have girls night out...even if we do call it a night at 10:30pm. ;)

2 comments:
I think everyone experiences that. Friendships have phases just like any other relationship ...googley eyed phase and then the barely there phase...your true friends are there no matter what...so dont stress the small stuff my love!
It's hard when you have a lot going on in your life...you can only do so much at a time. I understand where you want to make the time for your friends and you do not even have time for yourself though. I want you to know I am here for you and wish we could do dinners on week nights...I really miss you girl. Luv ya!!!
Post a Comment